Eleanora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eleanora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eleanora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eleanora
- Comments and insights on the name Eleanora
- Personal experiences with the name Eleanora
- Nicknames for Eleanora
Elle, Ellie, Ella, Nora
- Meanings and history of the name Eleanora
- Famous real-life people named Eleanora
Eleanora Harris, birth name of American singer Billie Holiday
Eleanora Sears, American tennis player
- Eleanora in song, story & screen