Emilly Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emily:
English cognate of the Latin Aemilia, which is from Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (trying to equal or excel, rival).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emilly? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emilly
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emilly
- Comments and insights on the name Emilly
A respelling of Emily
- Personal experiences with the name Emilly
- Nicknames for Emilly
- Meanings and history of the name Emilly
- Famous real-life people named Emilly
- Emilly in song, story & screen