Emilyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Emily:
English cognate of the Latin Aemilia, which is from Aemilius, an old Roman family name probably derived from aemulus (trying to equal or excel, rival).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emilyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emilyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emilyn
- Comments and insights on the name Emilyn
creative variant of Emily
- Personal experiences with the name Emilyn
- Nicknames for Emilyn
- Meanings and history of the name Emilyn
- Famous real-life people named Emilyn
- Emilyn in song, story & screen