Etta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Etta:
A short form of the Scottish Maretta, an Anglicized form of Mairead, a Scottish Gaelic form of Margaret (a pearl).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Etta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Etta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Etta
- Comments and insights on the name Etta
- Personal experiences with the name Etta
- Nicknames for Etta
- Meanings and history of the name Etta
- Famous real-life people named Etta
Etta James, singer
Etta Jones Daly (b. 2012), daughter of American television host, radio personality, producer, and television personality Carson Daly
- Etta in song, story & screen
Henrietta "Etta" Bishop from the TV show Fringe.
Etta Heine, character in book/movie "Snow Falling on Cedars"