Finlay Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Finlay:
Anglicized form of Fionnlagh and Fionnla, compound names composed of the Gaelic elements fionn (white, fair) and laogh (warrior, calf): hence, "fair-haired warrior." Var: Finlay.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Finlay? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Finlay
Contribute your knowledge to the name Finlay
- Comments and insights on the name Finlay
- Personal experiences with the name Finlay
- Nicknames for Finlay
- Meanings and history of the name Finlay
- Famous real-life people named Finlay
- Finlay in song, story & screen