Isadora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Isadora:
Feminine form of Isidoros (gift of Isis), a compound name composed of the name of the Egyptian goddess of fertility, Isis, and the Greek element dōron (gift).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Isadora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Isadora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Isadora
- Comments and insights on the name Isadora
- Personal experiences with the name Isadora
- Nicknames for Isadora
Dora, Izzy, Isa, Sadie
- Meanings and history of the name Isadora
- Famous real-life people named Isadora
Modern dance pioneer Isadora Duncan
- Isadora in song, story & screen
Isadora Quagmire- one of the Quagmire triplets in A Series Of Unfortunate Events, a poet