Janny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Johanna:
Middle Latin feminine form of Joannes (God is gracious). The name is derived from the Greek Iōannes, a derivative of the Hebrew Yehanan, a short form of Yehohanan, which is from yehōhānān (Yahweh is gracious).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Janny? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Janny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Janny
- Comments and insights on the name Janny
- Personal experiences with the name Janny
Several Duch Girls have this name
- Nicknames for Janny
- Meanings and history of the name Janny
It is From the Hebrew name Johanna which means God is gracious
- Famous real-life people named Janny
- Janny in song, story & screen