Joey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Josephine:
English form of the French Joséphine, a feminine form of Joseph, which is derived from the Hebrew Yōsēf (God will add, God will increase).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Joey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Joey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Joey
- Comments and insights on the name Joey
- Personal experiences with the name Joey
- Nicknames for Joey
I've been called Jojo, Jo
- Meanings and history of the name Joey
- Famous real-life people named Joey
Joey King - American actress
- Joey in song, story & screen
Joey Potter, character played by Katie Holmes on "Dawson's Creek"