Kaija Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katerina:
Cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, the root of which is katharos (pure, unsullied).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kaija? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kaija
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kaija
- Comments and insights on the name Kaija
- Personal experiences with the name Kaija
- Nicknames for Kaija
- Meanings and history of the name Kaija
Kaija is a Finnish variant of Katherine, used as an independent name. It's popularity peak was in the later 1940s. Pronounced "Kye-ya".
It is considered to be old Swedish as well as modern-day Finnish. It can also be a term of endearment meaning "precious daughter" or "sweet girl". For example: "Oh what at little Kaija"
- Famous real-life people named Kaija
- Kaija in song, story & screen