Karina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carina:
Derived from the Latin carina (keel of a ship). Carina is the name of a southern constellation which contains the star Canopus, the second-brightest star in the heavens.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Karina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Karina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Karina
- Comments and insights on the name Karina
- Personal experiences with the name Karina
- Nicknames for Karina
Kari, Karin, Kay, Kay Kay, Reena, Kay Reena, Kar, Nina, RiRi
- Meanings and history of the name Karina
Karina means pure.
means Little Darling in a book of 100,000 names or so.
- Famous real-life people named Karina
Karina Smirnoff, dancer/choreographer on 'Dancing With The Stars'.
- Karina in song, story & screen
Karina Mikkelswife, Mother of main character Hal in Brotherband, by John Flanagan