Kora Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cora:
Derived from the Greek Korē, which is from korē (maiden). The name is borne in Roman mythology as a byname for Proserpina and in Greek mythology as a byname for Persephone.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kora? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kora
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kora
- Comments and insights on the name Kora
- Personal experiences with the name Kora
- Nicknames for Kora
- Meanings and history of the name Kora
The kora is a 21-string bridge-harp used extensively in West Africa.
- Famous real-life people named Kora
- Kora in song, story & screen
The kora is mentioned in the Senegalese national anthem "Pincez Tous vos Koras, Frappez les Balafons."