Kyra Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Kyra:
Feminine form of the Greek Kyros, a name thought to be derived from kyrios (lord) or from the Persian khur (the sun).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Kyra? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Kyra
Contribute your knowledge to the name Kyra
- Comments and insights on the name Kyra
- Personal experiences with the name Kyra
- Nicknames for Kyra
Kiki (pronounced Kee-kee)
- Meanings and history of the name Kyra
Beloved light, enthroned leader
- Famous real-life people named Kyra
Kyra Jillian Namor
- Kyra in song, story & screen
Kira, Kira(a book)