Logan Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Logan:
Transferred use of the Irish surname, which is from the Gaelic lagan (a little hollow): hence, "dweller near the little hollow."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Logan? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Logan
Contribute your knowledge to the name Logan
- Comments and insights on the name Logan
- Personal experiences with the name Logan
- Nicknames for Logan
Loey Oey (Loh-ee oh-ee)
- Meanings and history of the name Logan
- Famous real-life people named Logan
U.S. Olympic Volleyball player Logan Tom
- Logan in song, story & screen