Margalo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Margaret:
From the Greek Margarītēs, which is derived from maragon (a pearl).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Margalo? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Margalo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Margalo
- Comments and insights on the name Margalo
Pronounced MAR-ga-lo, with an accent on the first syllable. First syllable is like Marvelous.
Some seem to spell it Margolo as well.
- Personal experiences with the name Margalo
- Nicknames for Margalo
- Meanings and history of the name Margalo
A Greek version of Margaret meaning "pearl."
- Famous real-life people named Margalo
- Margalo in song, story & screen
In E.B. White's "Stuart Little," Margalo is the name of the bird that Stuart falls in love with.