Maryanne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Maryann:
A name that originated as an extended spelling of Marian, a variant of Marion which is a French diminutive form of Marie, a cognate of Mary. It is now used as a hybrid, combining the names Mary and Anne. Var: Mariann, Marianna, Mary Ann, Mary Anna, Mary Anne.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Maryanne? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Maryanne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Maryanne
- Comments and insights on the name Maryanne
- Personal experiences with the name Maryanne
- Nicknames for Maryanne
- Meanings and history of the name Maryanne
- Famous real-life people named Maryanne
- Maryanne in song, story & screen
Mary Anne Spier, character in The Baby-Sitters Club books
Mary Ann Summers, character on Gilligan's Island