Melisende Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Millicent:
Derived from the obsolete Old High German Amalswinth, a compound name composed of the elements amal (work) and swinth (strength). The name was brought to England by the Normans in the French forms Melisent and Melisende.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Melisende? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Melisende
Contribute your knowledge to the name Melisende
- Comments and insights on the name Melisende
- Personal experiences with the name Melisende
- Nicknames for Melisende
- Meanings and history of the name Melisende
- Famous real-life people named Melisende
Queen Melisende of Jerusalem
- Melisende in song, story & screen