Myriel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Muriel:
Anglicized form of the Irish Muirgheal and the Scottish Muireall, names composed from the Old Celtic elements muir (sea) and geal (bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Myriel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Myriel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Myriel
- Comments and insights on the name Myriel
- Personal experiences with the name Myriel
- Nicknames for Myriel
- Meanings and history of the name Myriel
- Famous real-life people named Myriel
- Myriel in song, story & screen
Bishop Myriel is a character in the novel Les Misérables.