Odalys Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Odalys? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Odalys
Contribute your knowledge to the name Odalys
- Comments and insights on the name Odalys
- Personal experiences with the name Odalys
- Nicknames for Odalys
Ody, Odie, Odal, Aly, and Alys.
Spanish nicknames "Oda" where the "d" is pronounced with a "dh" sound.
- Meanings and history of the name Odalys
A female version of Otto, From the Old High German Otho and Odo, which are derived from auda (rich).
- Famous real-life people named Odalys
Odalys Garcia, Cuban-born model, actress and singer
- Odalys in song, story & screen
In art, an 'Odalisque' is a common subject in 18th & 19th century pieces, and is thought to be a concubine or slave in a Turkish harem.
In story, an 'Odalisque' is very briefly mentioned in 'Jane Eyre' by Charlotte Bronte.