Peyton Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Payton:
Transferred use of the English surname, which is from the place-name Payton in Devon. The name is thought to be derived from the obsolete Anglo-Saxon personal name Pægan and the Old English tūn (town, settlement, village).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Peyton? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Peyton
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand 2014
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand, 2010
- Canadian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Canada (Nova Scotia) 2014
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand for 2012
- New Zealand Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in New Zealand
- Australian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Australia (Queensland)
Contribute your knowledge to the name Peyton
- Comments and insights on the name Peyton
- Personal experiences with the name Peyton
- Nicknames for Peyton
Pey, Peyt, Pey-Pey, Participeyton (participate in), Peytato (potato), Peynana (banana), Peyr (pear), Payne or simply Pain
- Meanings and history of the name Peyton
Of English origin meaning "From Pacca's Town" | It means royal or regal in most backgrounds (Scottish, Latin, Irish)
- Famous real-life people named Peyton
Peyton List (born 1998), American actress
Peyton Elizabeth Lee, American Actress
Peyton Nicole Edmonds (b. 2008), daughter of American singer, songwriter, and record producer Babyface
- Peyton in song, story & screen
Peyton Sawyer, a character from the CW's "One Tree Hill" (played by Hilarie Burton)
Peyton Kelly, from the Movie "Game Plan" with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson (played by Madison Pettis)
Peyton Place, television show
Peyton Halliwell, Phoebe Halliwell's youngest daughter from the hit tv show "Charmed", has two older sisters, Prudence Johanna " PJ", oldest, and Parker, middle sister!