Serenity Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Serenity:
Derived from serenity (calmness, tranquility).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Serenity? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Serenity
Contribute your knowledge to the name Serenity
- Comments and insights on the name Serenity
- Personal experiences with the name Serenity
- Nicknames for Serenity
Sera, Star, Seren, Ren, Nitty, Rennie, Reny, Rennie Roo, Renniebear, Seri, syringe,renidy, Rem, remy, remi
- Meanings and history of the name Serenity
It is of English and French origin, and its meaning is "serene, calm". A virtue name.
- Famous real-life people named Serenity
- Serenity in song, story & screen
Serenity is the ship in Joss Whedon's space western, Firefly.
Serenity is also the name of the movie made from the series.
Serenity is the name of the Queen and Princess of the Moon Kingdom in Sailormoon.