Tomasa Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tomasa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tomasa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tomasa
- Comments and insights on the name Tomasa
- Personal experiences with the name Tomasa
1. My mother's name is tomasa.i think this name is very unique nd uncommon..when people ask what her name is, some people make a wierd face like "what the heck" haha.because they've never heard it before,nd that's why I like it(:
most likely I'm going to name my daughter after her (middle name tho)
2. I was the second born of twins - sister's name, Teresa, had already been chosen and I was a total surprise (back in 1964 when the sex of a baby or a multiples could not be positively determined). My father had a favorite great-aunt by the name of Tomasa, it meant "twin", and rhymed with Teresa. What other name could they have chosen?! Somehow, I think a lot more thought went into my name than my sister's... I have always loved my name, especially since I have never met anyone else with it. My nicknames (ugh) have been: Tome (w/accent mark over "e"- that is a family nickname), Tommi, Tommie, Tom & Tom-Tom. Since they are just nicknames, I don't mind how people spell those!
- Nicknames for Tomasa
Tome (w/accent mark over "e")
- Meanings and history of the name Tomasa
Tomasa is Aramaic in origin but mostly used in Spanish. It is the feminine of Tomas (Thomas), meaning "twin".
How do they say "Thomas" elsewhere (&, therefore, variations of Thomasa/Tomasa can be formed)?
Tomos (In Welsh)
Tomas (In Swedish and in Norwegian)
Tomas (In Spanish, Portuguese, Irish and in Czech)
Tomaz (In Slovene)
Tomas (In Scottish)
Foma (In Russian)
Tomasz (In Polish)
Tommaso (In Italian)
Tamas (In Hungarian)
Tuomas (In Finnish)
Tuomo (In Finnish)
- Famous real-life people named Tomasa
- Tomasa in song, story & screen