Urni Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Urni
Contribute your knowledge to the name Urni
- Comments and insights on the name Urni
Urn is a popular name for girls in Thailand. The 'i' was added to give the name a cute diminutive feel and a uniqueness. It is pronounced like Ernie which could be understood to be a nickname for a girl named Ernestine or Ernestina. Urna is a name found in Asia from India to Mongolia.
Some other meanings of Urni are as follows:
- a stringed instrument played by the Dhimal people of Nepal
- in Romanian urni relates to movement, motion and action
- in Slovenian and Croatian, it refers to time as in the hour or a clock
- Urni Village is situated high in the Himalayas in Himachal Pradesh, India
- Urni is a surname found in eastern Europe, India, Indonesia, Japan, China
- Urna is a spiral or circular dot placed on the forehead of Buddhist images as an auspicious mark. It symbolizes a third eye, which in turn symbolizes vision into the divine world; a sort of ability to see past our mundane universe of suffering.
- Personal experiences with the name Urni
- Nicknames for Urni
Urn, Urne, Urna, Urnae
- Meanings and history of the name Urni
- Famous real-life people named Urni
Thai singer Jirawan Techaroovijit is known as Earn or Urn,
Urna Chahar-Tugchi is a Mongolian Singer, Songwriter, Composer,
- Urni in song, story & screen